Dr. Jon Suzuki is Professor of Microbiology and Immunology in the School of Medicine and Professor of Periodontology and Oral Implantology at Temple University, Philadelphia, PA. USA. He has served as Chairman and Director of Graduate Periodontology and Oral Implantology, and Associate Dean for Graduate Education at Temple University. He has also been Dean at the University of Pittsburgh USA.
Dr. Suzuki received his D.D.S. from Loyola University of Chicago and Ph.D. in Microbiology from the Illinois Institute of Technology. He completed an N.I.H. Fellowship in Immunology at the University of Washington in Seattle, and a Clinical Certificate in Periodontics at the University of Maryland. He completed an MBA from the Katz Graduate School of Business of the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Suzuki is the current Chairman of the Food and Drug Administration Dental Products Panel, Silver Spring, MD. and will hold this position through 2018. He is on the faculty of the US Walter Reed National Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, and holds Professorships at the University of Maryland, the University of Washington and Nova Southeastern University.
He served as Chairman of the American Dental Association Council on Scientific Affairs and continues to serve as ADA consultant on the Scientific Council, Dental Practice Council, and the Commission on Dental Accreditation, Chicago. Dr. Suzuki served on the National Institutes of Health National Dental Advisory Research Council, and numerous NIH Study Sections in Bethesda, MD. Dr. Suzuki has hospital appointments at Temple Episcopal Hospital and Veterans’ Affairs Medical Centers.
He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, Diplomate and Board Examiner of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Fellow of the American and International College of Dentists, and a Specialist Microbiologist of the National Registry of Medical Microbiology.
Dr. Suzuki is the current Executive Secretary/Treasurer of the Supreme Chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the National Honorary Dental Society, and has served in this position for a quarter of a century.
His honors include being named “Alumnus of the Year”, Loyola University of Chicago; “Alumnus of the Year”, Illinois Wesleyan University; “Recognized Alumnus in Biological Sciences”, Illinois Institute of Technology; and “Faculty of the Year” University of Maryland. Dr. Suzuki won 1st place, Orban Prize Competition of the American Academy of Periodontology and won 1st place in the ADA SCADA Research Clinic Competition.
He is in private practice limited to hospital dentistry in Philadelphia.
Dr. Suzuki has published over 200 papers, chapters, and symposia, 200 abstracts, and 1 textbook in Medical Technology.
JON B. SUZUKI, D.D.S., Ph.D., M.B.A., F.A.C.D., F.I.C.D. (6-2016)
- D.D.S., Loyola University of Chicago
- Ph.D., Microbiology – Illinois Institute of Technology
- N.I.H. Fellowship, Immunology – University of Washington
- Clinical Certificate in Periodontics – University of Maryland
- M.B.A., Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS
- Professor (Emeritus) of Microbiology-Immunology (School of Medicine)
- Professor (Emeritus) of Periodontology-Oral Implantology (School of Dentistry)
- Former Chairman and Director, Graduate Periodontology and Oral Implantology
- Associate Dean for Graduate Educatio (all appts at Temple University, Philadelphia, PA. USA)
- Attending Staff, Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and Temple Episcopal Hospital
- Faculty, US Walter Reed National Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- Chairman, Food and Drug Administration, Dental Products Panel, Silver Spring, MD
- American Dental Association, Consultants for Council on Scientific Affairs, Council on Practice Management, and Commission for Dental Accreditation, Chicago, IL
- University of Maryland, Clinical Professor
- University of Washington, Clinical Professor
- Nova Southeastern University, Clinical Professor
- Maimonides University, Clinical Professor, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 200 Published Papers, Chapters & Symposia
- 200 Published Abstracts
- 1 Textbook in Medical Technology