Dr. Sun received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery at New York University in 2003. This was followed by a general practice residency at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center and two years of advanced training in oral and maxillofacial surgery. He then received a certificate in periodontics and implantology at Rutgers University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey. Dr. Stanley Sun is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Sun serves as Clinical Assistant Professor at UCSF School of Dentistry. He’s also a member of the:
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology, Diplomate
- American Academy of Small Diameter Implants
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- California Dental Association
- San Mateo County Dental Society
- Mid-Peninsula Dental Society
- Santa Clara County Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
An avid sports fan, Dr. Sun enjoys football and basketball. He loves staying active, especially outdoors, whether he’s swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, or scuba diving. Always willing to try something new, he’s recently started surfing and paddle boarding, and is starting to make the rounds on the golf links, too.